Saturday, December 31, 2011

Paws and Rewind

 
2011 has come to an end, and what a rat-tastic year it’s been! My wife, Bobette, is currently raiding the fridge of our human family’s kitchen for some cheese cube hors d’oeuvres for our New Year’s Eve celebration, and the pups are looking forward to staying up past their bedtime and throwing scraps of nestlet fodder into the air at midnight (it’s the rodent version of confetti). So while they’re in the other section of the burrow scampering about, I thought I’d take a moment to nestle down and reflect on all of this year’s happenings.
 
Current events were certainly not a disappointment, with several stories making news headlines. We saw joyous events, like Britain’s royal wedding, as well as intimidating ones, like further dips in our economy. We had occasions to laugh and ones to feel solemn, and days filled with commotion as well as with rest. In fact, from sporting events to TV entertainment and everything in between, I had trouble keeping up with it all!
 
All of us in the Rat hovel managed to stay healthy this year despite a few tussles with the flu and some fleas, and even craziness with the weather didn’t dampen our spirits. Spring brought celebrations like St. Ratrick’s Day and Easter (I'm still enjoying those blue cheese eggs), as well as opportunity to get a little spring cleaning done. Summer saw several vacations (soaking up the sun’s rays on Florida's sugar-white sands helped me shake the water from my whiskers after rafting on a river), the celebration of our nation’s independence, unfortunately emergence of a mosquito or two, and the one-year anniversary of the launching of Bob’s Blogs. (Remember, you can also sniff me out on Muzzlebook, scratch me by flea-mail, and listen to my squeaks on Twitter!) A return to the cooler months had the pups begrudgingly back in school, but I think they might have been sneaking some comic books in with their class work underneath Bobette’s muzzle. And of course the winter brought with it the craziness of the pawlidays, but also the gathering of family and celebration of the reason for the season.
 
The new year brings with it new resolutions (perhaps I’ll stop procratstinating getting my pratstate checked at the vet), so I encourage you to be persistent in pursuing your goals, remember to take time for family, be brave in spite of what may come your way, and in all things give thanks. My beady red rat eyes look forward to seeing you in 2012, so until then keep it squeak!
 
Keepin’ it squeak myself,
Bob

1 comment: