Sunday, April 17, 2011

Squeaky Clean

 
Yesterday was a squeaktacious day as this rat romped round and round the little town of Rex. And just why was I romping? Well, I wasn’t romping so much as I was cleaning. Yesterday in the village of Rex, a suburb located on the south side of Ratlanta, the humans and I had a cleanup day as part of the Great American Cleanup movement. We planted flowers; we trashed the trash; we dumped out debris; it was pawsome indeed.
  
Yes, yes, you might be wondering why a rat has an interest in anything to do with the word clean – especially one who relies on Mother Nature for baths and holds company with some pawticularly hygiene-challenged friends. But let me remind you that I moonlight as a dumpster cleaner and am owner of and foreman (er, make that forerat) at Sludge-Be-Gone, the best sewer-scrubbing company in the city. And as I mention quite articulately on my Muzzlebook page, I am indeed adept at keeping my whiskers clean.
 
So let it come as no surprise to you that this ratical rodent was quite keen to help clean with the residents of Rex, and though I did leave at the end of the day with soil on my fur and dirt underneath my claws (my little rat paws were too small to fit into the human-sized work gloves), to hear the Rex residents rave at the rat-tastic results was well worth the hard work indeed.
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment