Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rat Nap

 
Have you heard Bruno Mars’s “The Lazy Song” yet? Very funny indeed … I think all of us need a “slob day” every now and then. (Some would argue that rats take a slob day every day – something about our affinity for grossness – but I digress.)
 
Yesterday was one of those days for me: I didn’t check my flea-mail, scuttle onto Muzzlebook, or even bother to groom my fur; nope, I just stayed in my nestlet all day. I wasn’t ratatonic, mind you: I at least did sniff around the hovel for some cheese crumbs at some point, but by and large it was a squeaktacular day for a rat nap, which is a good downer from all the stress in the news lately (from human and rodent perspectives alike).
 
Staying in my cool hole in the wall was also a great escape from the oppressive Ratlanta heat: currently the Deep South is gripped in a drought-inducing heat wave. (Contrast that to the icy vice grips of Old Man Winter we had at the beginning of the year … it’s fleadiculous! There’s one thing you can predict easily about Georgia weather, and that’s that it’s unpredictable.) With temperatures forecast in the upper 90s I was happy to stay in the coolness of my little hovel, carved out right next to the air conditioning vent in the wall of my human family’s home. (They haven’t found it yet, and that’s likely a good thing – I think they probably wouldn’t appreciate my, er, “remodeling.”)
 
So while the heat continues to burn like brass and the news unrelentingly doles up its craziness in the world, I think I might indeed return to the nestlet and catch another 40 stinks – uh, make that winks. (I’m not by the scullery, after all.) I hope you too can find the freedom to take a slob day every now and then and indulge yourself in your own rat nap. After all, it’s like Bruno says: “Today I don’t feel like doing anything … nothing at all.”
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment