Sunday, January 8, 2012

Put Your Best Paw Forward

 
Ah, the start of a new year. The time to brush off your whiskers, put aside the past, and charge full squeak ahead into what lays before you. Did you make any New Year’s resolutions? If so, have you followed through with them? (Me: well, I’ve yet to make that veterinarian’s appointment to get my pratstate checked. A little more procratstination can’t really hurt, right? Er, that’s what I squeak to myself, at least.)
 
New Year’s resolutions are tricky things. I’ve heard it squeaked that the end always marks a new beginning for those who choose to create one. Many of us start out with the best of intentions, only to fizzle out before February. Others, knowing this, reject making resolutions altogether, or do silly ones. (In my human family, Big Burly Pop’s favorite resolution is to drink Mountain Dew on a mountain. He usually succeeds.)
 
This year I too vow to put my best paw forward, so I’m going to get my claws buffed at the raticure shop down the sewer and have my wife Bobette give my fur a trim with her incisors. (Sharper than a barber’s shears!) My left front paw is usually the most handsome, so this year when I scuttle to and fro, I’ll be sure to lead with that one. I hope that you too find ways to put your best paw forward, whether it be through fulfilling those elusive resolutions or taking your own trip to the raticure shop down the sewer. Let’s make 2012 our best year yet, with the cleanest and best-looking paws out there!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment