Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Micicle

  
Holy moley! 2014 has started out with not just a squeak, but an outright screech! A polar vortex of cold air has swept down from Canada covering all but three of the pawntinental United States with some amount of snowfall, and causing a record low of 6°F in my hometown of Ratlanta, Georgia this morning.
 
I decided to make merry with the frigid temps and scuttle about outside, and even found to my delight that my humans’ fountain had frozen into my own personal ice skating rink! I reasoned that with my rat-tastic high metabolism I should be able to spend hours on the ice. Unfurtunately, I didn’t factor in my small size quickly losing body heat, and I found out very quickly that, in this freeze, the old adage “cold paws, warm heart” does not at all apply. Shiver me whiskers – it’s cold out there!
 
So while we wait for the day that “Holy moley” becomes “Holy smokes,” as was the case for our record-setting highs in 2012, I encourage you to stay inside snuggled in your nestlet, lest you become a frozen micicle – er, icicle – like I almost did!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment