Sunday, January 29, 2012

Behold the Power of Cheese

 
An ode to cheese I squeak to you now,
A poem that can’t be beat;
Without a doubt it’s tasty rat chow,
The best that we can eat.
 
Rats ’round the world all love to gnaw on
A slice of brie or Swiss,
Or hunks of cheddar and parmesan;
The taste is total bliss.
 
It might not be the cleanest of stuff,
It might have mold, like bleu;
Or smell like feet – that limburger’s rough,
It might make you go “phew!”
 
But gross or not, we love it the same,
We’ll chew it all day long;
With squeaks real loud we want to exclaim,
“With cheese, you can’t go wrong!”
 
For those who have a connoisseur’s nose
It truly is an art;
Wh’er praised in rhyme or written in prose
It melts into your heart.
 
Some say it ups obesity rates
Because it’s made with fat,
But I squeak “Hey, I’ll increase my weight,
’Cause I ain’t down with that!”
 
Your tongue and tummy want to consume
A piece of cheese delish;
You know they do, so spare yourself gloom,
And make yourself that dish!
 
Now eat right up, and gobble your fill,
It goes right down with ease;
I’ll squeak again, for it is my thrill:
Behold the power of cheese!
 
Bon appétit,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment