Friday, July 30, 2010

The Great Move

 
As a rat on the move, I like exploring new places. So it came as no surprise to me when I found myself in one of Unsuspecting Victim’s moving boxes – courtesy of Mischief and her daughter, of course – as she planned to move into her first apartment. It was a bit stuffy in there between the socks and the desk lamp, but I made do by making myself a nice little nestlet out of her bed sheets. (After all, I was hiding in those sheets when I met her in the first place; figured it would be a nice throwback.) I managed to sneak in a bag of Cheetos which I enjoyed during my ride, but I hope she wasn’t too upset about the crumbs and, er, “presents” I left behind.
 
Once again she was a bit startled at my presence upon opening her box, but then a big grin and a chuckle crossed her lips as the final prank of Mischief and her daughter was pulled. Thus I found myself in my new home with Unsuspecting Victim. Having begun a new chapter in my life, after settling myself in with some cheese and a rat nap, I turned the page on an all new set of rat-tastic adventures.
 
So if you plan to move, keep your whiskers alert, because you never know what might squeak out.
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment