Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello Gutter, Hello Fodder

 
Hello Gutter, Hello Fodder
How I got here: story’s odder
Than the presence of a rat
Who does blogs and tweets and Facebook just to chat.
 
I was wandering down the street
Looking for something to eat
When a sudden rain storm swept me
Down a manhole that was icky, slick, and slimy.
 
When I got up I was sodden
But was not to be downtrodden.
For the sight before my rat eyes
Was like winning at a fair the biggest grand prize.
 
See, my rat pals, holy geez,
They all had huge stacks of cheese!
There were all types, brie and cheddar
Gorgonzola, queso fresco – good, great, better!
 
So now Gutter, and now Fodder,
Down the street I’m prone to totter.
Gutter sweep me down the roadway
And please, fodder, I’m all stuffed so go away!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment