Sunday, September 2, 2012

Easy Cheesy

 
Labor Day weekend has arrived, that one last hurrah of summer when we pull out the barbeque grills in earnest, practice our final swan dives of the season, and – goodie – use the last of that sticky, icky mosquito spray.
 
This holiday was created specifically so that we might take a rest from our work, and I have my own plans for letting my fur hang loose this weekend. For one thing, I’ll forgo styling it in my typical rat-tail. (From what I’ve been squeaked, rat-tails and mullets went out of style about 68 rodent generations ago, anyway.) For another, I’ll grant myself a break from my daily run on the hamster wheel, and instead use that time to take a much-desired rat nap. (I can feel that comfy nestlet cushion now.)
 
Besides resting, some use the pawliday as a time to play. In fact, Ratlanta, Georgia, the city I call “hovel,” is hosting a multitude of events this weekend, from the NASCAR race at Ratlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton to Dragon*Con in the heart of downtown itself. (I hope the Ratman comics are well represented.) All of this activity is squeaktacious, but for me, the best thing to do on this Labor Day weekend is anything but.
 
So whether your pawliday calls for fun or forty winks, I hope yours is the best, paws down. Just do me one teensy favor while you’re hamming it up: make sure that isn’t Rack of Rat you’re slapping on the ’Que!
 
Keepinʼ it chill – er, squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment