Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fleaturn to the Blue

 
 
Several years ago, now, I once blogged abou’
A day that was crystalline blue;
When did my red eyes see sapphire skies –
What a view, I’m squeaking to you.
 
Oh that day, what a thrill! After long winter chill,
Mother Earth gave us something so grand;
I had to go out, had to scamper about,
On the dirt I just had to stand.
 
Today’s like that day: the winter’s at bay,
A blast from the past indeed;
The cold rain is all done – I can now see the sun!
Of this clime I’ve had very great need.
 
On this you can count: I can run up a mount!
Or take on and wrestle a cat;
Even I want to purr when sun’s on my fur,
Now what do you think about that?!
 
With weather like this, I would sure be remiss
If inside I stayed to write;
So despite the wind, I took and I penned
This blog on a mountaintop site.
 
I do hope your year is much filled with cheer,
And blue days like this abound;
Let us all now delight when weather is bright,
In the sky and right here on the ground!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment