Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Rat’s Remembrance

 
Today, September 11, 2010, marks the ninth anniversary of the horrible terrorist attacks perpetrated on American soil, the worst unnatural disaster in our nation’s history. And while I am normally a very jovial creature, there’s nothing funny about what happened to us nine years ago. What is amazing, however, is the strength, solidarity, and resolve with which we as Americans came together, and it is this that I’d like to remember.
 
So on this day I would like to pay tribute to those who lost their lives that fateful day, and I pray for the continuing strength, solidarity, and resolve of our nation. I would also like to thank the brave men, women, and rats (because you know there are rats on some ship or in some trench somewhere) who so bravely give their lives in service so that you and I may live in freedom. May God bless you all, and may God bless America.
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment