Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pawliteration Day

 
Today is 12/12/12, the last date with alliteration most of our rat-tastic eyes will see (unless you plan to be around next century, of course). All over the world people have plans for this unique day, from mass meditations to music concerts to weddings – and if you’re in this final category, forgetting your wedding date would just be downright pawful.
 
I have my own ratty plans for the day. First I plan to marvel at the repeating holes in some blocks of Swiss cheese. Then I’m off to study the rhythmic swirls that form when Colby meets Monterey Jack, and finally I’ll examine the marbling made by the moldy vein patterns in my favorite samples of bleu. Well, actually the final part will be eating my little cheese nubs … yum!
 
I hope your day of “pawliteration” is festive and fun-filled. It’s Wednesday, which means “Hump Day” for most of the working world, and many of us will be sunk deep into the patterns of our daily lives. But I hope you can stick your muzzle out for a moment and break the mold. And don’t worry: if you forget to get in on the fun, your next ratical date’s soon to come: 11/12/13, to be exact!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment