Sunday, June 23, 2013

Truth in Ratvertising

 
I’ve become convinced that Blogspot is trying to kill me!
 
On the upper right and bottom left corners of my blog page, Blogspot hosts banner advertisements. And Blogspot, like many Web services, is smart: it selects ads based on keywords that come up throughout the blog. Most of the time, this is a good thing: bloggers and their readers pawstensibly might indeed like to see advertising targeted to what they’re scratching about.
 
In this case, however, things have backfired. For some odd reason, Blogspot assumes Bob’s Blogs readership consists of humans only, and that – oh, it’s unsqueakable! – all humans think rodents are vermin! What else could explain the “Mouse Prevention Tips” and “Kill Your Roof Rats” ads I so often see when my beady red eye drifts around the page? Or perhaps worst of all, ads for cat treats! It’s prepawsterous!
 
Although rats have generally poor eyesight, even I can see that Blogspot’s keyword search does not consider context. But every now and then I’ll get a little treat of my own, and look down and see, to my whiskery delight, an ad for cheese. There’s definitely truth in that ratvertising!
 
Keepin’ it squeak,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment